Published: October 1, 2020
In recent weeks, several more early covid treatment successes based on zinc, vitamin D and HCQ have been reported:
- Zinc: A Spanish study presented at the ECCVID conference found that a low plasma zinc level (below 50 mcg/dl) increased the risk of in-hospital covid death by 230%.
- Vitamin D: A Spanish RCT found that high-dose vitamin D reduced the risk of requiring intensive care by 96%.
- HCQ: A Dutch study published in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases found a 53% risk reduction in terms of ICU admission and ventilation of covid patients.
- HCQ: A US meta-study (preprint) found a 24% risk reduction in covid early treatment.
- HCQ: A Spanish meta-study (preprint) found a 20% risk reduction in covid prophylaxis.
- HCQ: A study by the European Heart Rhythm Association found that HCQ is safe for covid patients in every clinical setting (confirming earlier results in malaria and AID treatment).
Read more: On the treatment of covid-19
The following diagram shows that among high-powered HCQ trials, only the WHO Recovery UK trial – which used lethal overdoses in patients with late-stage covid – found negative results.