Representing Activists & Political Prisoners: Veteran lawyers Martin Stolar and Robert Boyle on Julian Assange
Watch the latest episode of Randy Credico’s podcast “Julian Assange: Countdown to Freedom”, an ongoing exploration of the prosecution and persecution of the imprisoned WikiLeaks founder.
Martin Stolar is a criminal defense attorney who has led the Mass Defense project of the National Lawyers Guild-New York City chapter for decades.
Robert Boyle is a criminal and civil rights lawyer who specializes in appellate work and is an expert on US federal grand juries. They discuss their careers representing protesters and political activists and prisoners and recollections of working with their mentor William Kunstler. Julian Assange’s prosecution under US law is featured. Boyle also explains aspects of the grand jury proceedings against Chelsea Manning.
Nathan Fuller, head of the Courage Foundation, provides an update on upcoming Assange support events.
» Lees verder
By B.N. Frank
The Telecom Industry has admitted they have no scientific evidence that 5G wireless is biologically safe and plenty of researchers say it isn’t (see 1, 2). Unfortunately, it’s still being promoted, installed, and unleashed in the U.S. and around the world despite widespread growing opposition.
Last month thousands of people signed a petition demanding a ban of 5G wireless at Glastonbury Festival. Unfortunately, it was ignored and hundreds of thousands of attendees were exposed to this harmful technology whether they were aware of it or not. Thanks to a group of activists who put their own health at risk to measure and videotape RF levels.
During the festival itself, we heard reports that some people were experiencing classic symptoms associated with 5G radiation such as bad headaches, nose bleeds and stinging eyes.
Over the course of the weekend, Simo Zia made a series of videos in which tested the EMFs around the site. He found levels that he said were 1,000 times more than the natural voltage of the human body.
Register Now for The 5G Crisis: Awareness & Accountability Summit. Online and FREE from August 26 – September 1, 2019.
Activist Post reports regularly about 5G risks and opposition. For more information visit our archives and following websites:
Image credit: Pixabay
Subscribe to Activist Post for truth, peace, and freedom news. Follow us on Minds,
» Lees verder
Four protesters arrested inside the Venezuelan embassy in Washington, DC have been released pending hearing – but could face up to a year in jail for trying to prevent a takeover of the building by the US-backed opposition.
Members of the Embassy Protection Collective have been released on various conditions after their arrest Thursday afternoon by heavily armed US police. The misdemeanor charge of “interfering with a federal law enforcement agent engaged in protective functions” carries a maximum sentence of one year in jail and a $1,000 fine, even though the activists and the Venezuelan government alike insist the US police had no right to enter the building.
The protesters are “looking forward to the trial,” Kevin Zeese told journalist Anya Parampil after his release, adding that they planned to “make the case that there is a legitimate government, that the Vienna convention was violated, that this was an inappropriate and unlawful arrest.”
Margaret Ann Flowers, Adrienne Pine, and David Vernon Paul were also released. They are due back in court on June 12.
Also on rt.com
‘We fight too many wars!’ Rev. Jackson denounces US militarism after Venezuela embassy raid
The judge ordered the protesters to steer clear of 10 locations now controlled by representatives of the Venezuelan opposition and check in weekly with authorities as a condition of their release. While the US government asked for their passports to be confiscated, that request was denied, though they must notify authorities if they plan to travel abroad.
The collective had been living in the building for over a month with permission of the Venezuelan foreign ministry, hoping to prevent it from falling into the hands of US-backed “interim president” Juan Guaido, whose operatives have taken possession of other Venezuelan diplomatic buildings after diplomats loyal to President Nicolas Maduro were forced to leave the country.
US authorities had also shut off power and water to the embassy and tried to block food deliveries to the protesters living inside, in a pale echo of the blackouts and sanction-imposed scarcity Washington has inflicted on actual Venezuelans in its ongoing campaign to force regime change in Caracas.
» Lees verder