After the January 6 riot at the US Capitol Building, the mass media immediately seized the opportunity to call for more internet censorship to prevent the spread of crazy conspiracy theories. Now the mass media are saying the US military has been lying about UFOs for decades and hey, maybe space aliens are flying around above your house.
Half of the UFO articles coming out of the mass media these days are basically just stalwart propagandists for the western empire explaining to each other that it’s okay to talk about UFOs now and they should all feel perfectly fine and normal about that.
- In a Washington Post article titled “Why aren’t we talking more about UFOs?“, the author complains that her Twitter feed (read: her journalist friends) doesn’t have enough people talking about this strange new phenomenon they’re all allowed to talk about now.
- In an NPR article titled “How UFO Sightings Went From Conspiracy Theory To A Serious Government Inquiry“, NPR tells us how “UFOs went legit” in defiance of “stereotypes of UFO enthusiasts running around in tinfoil hats.”
- In a Guardian article titled “‘From hearsay to hard evidence’: are UFOs about to go mainstream?“, readers are told that this is now a serious issue because military institutions are confirming it.
- In a Spectator article titled “It’s getting harder to laugh off the idea of UFOs“, the author argues that it’s now the UFO people who are the calm, rational ones, and those disputing the narratives we’re being fed are the “embarrassingly over-emotional” kooks.
- In a Sydney Morning Herald piece titled “Don’t laugh, but right now I’m paying attention to all the talk about UFOs“, the author waxes lyrical about how this issue provides an opportunity “to dream of infinite possibilities, and wonder who we might be if we weren’t alone.”
These unprincipled propagandists are falling all over themselves to dismantle taboos which they’ve been unquestioningly upholding and enforcing for decades, really for no other reason than because they were told to by the US military.