Authored by Eric Zuesse via The Strategic Culture Foundation,
On January 12th, Deutsche Welle (Germany’s public broadcaster like BBC, PBS, NPR, and RT) headlined “Mayor’s resignation highlights threat to German leaders: Arnd Focke, the Social Democratic mayor of a town in Lower Saxony, was regularly threatened by nationalists. Now he has resigned. Regional officials have repeatedly faced threats across Germany.” He quit for his safety, because carrying out Germany’s compassionate policies toward the flood of mainly Middle-Eastern refugees has produced a backlash that is becoming increasingly organized and dangerous to Germany’s democracy.
U.S. President Barack Obama’s policies in support of overthrowing secular governments (such as in Libya and Syria) in the Middle East, and his attempts to install there new governments — which were planned to be allied with the fundamentalist-Sunni Saud family who own Saudi Arabia — caused the exodus, from those secularly-headed U.S.-attacked Middle-Eastern countries, of millions, some of whom live now in Germany and are not accepted there, for many of reasons, some valid and some invalid. The resulting influx of millions of culturally markedly different people has given rise to a rebirth of Germany’s Nazi movement.
Whereas Obama’s U.S., and especially now Trump’s U.S., has refused entry of refugees from these countries that America (by means of its tens of thousands of jihadist proxy-forces from around the world) invaded, Europe (and especially Germany) has been compassionate toward the refugees, and are now experiencing the political blowback, at home, from their admission of refugees from America’s foreign policy – a policy favoring dictatorial fundamentalist-Sunni Arab regimes, to overthrow secular governments in the Middle East.
How and why did this happen?
Muammar Gaddafi was a socialist who believed in spreading to the masses (instead of to foreign investors) the wealth from the nation’s oil and who consequently was rejected by the U.S.-and-allied aristocracies who control the private oil companies. Gaddafi was demonized by their governments and their media. After extensive planning by the CIA and associated coup-organizations, he was finally overthrown in an “Arab Spring” in 2011 and replaced by what they expected to be a re-privatization of Libya’s oil.
Hillary Clinton proudly proclaimed, “We came,
» Lees verder
Among the major revelations connected to the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi at the hands of the Saudis is just how resilient and unshakeable relations between the Washington deep state and the Saudi royals actually are. Or rather we should say it has created an atmosphere where “hidden in plane sight” truth of America being joined at the hip to one of the Middle East’s most brutal autocratic regimes can no longer be ignored by the mainstream, or can no longer be shaded from public view by another David Ignatius puff piece fawning over Saudi “reformer” despots.
A new Daily Beast investigation has revealed that Obama’s first National Security Adviser, James L. Jones, now works for the Saudis — and despite a growing public movement of Western companies and media organizations to divest and distance themselves from their previous close relationship with the kingdom and events sponsored by crown prince MbS — Jones is refusing to budge. As The Daily Beast concludes in its report, “It’s another sign of the deep reach of Saudi money into the Washington elite.”
James (Jim) Jones, USMC (ret.), former National Security Advisor to President Obama. Image source: The National
While noting the heat that Trump-connected individuals have lately taken over their close ties with the Saudis, The Daily Beast uncovers Obama-era officials’ continuing deep ties:
But Obama World isn’t without close connections to the Kingdom. A company helmed by Jim Jones, then-President Barack Obama’s first National Security Adviser, has a contract with the Saudi government to advise on industrial matters, The Daily Beast has learned. Jones’ company, Jones Group International, had, until March of this year, a second contract with the Kingdom related to Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman’s military overhaul. It’s another sign of the deep reach of Saudi money into the Washington elite.
As Jones was also longtime Commandant of the Marine Corps prior to being Obama’s first National Security Advisor, it also underscores the military-industrial complex’s closeness to Saudi rulers spanning decades, and the way this has served to continually shield Riyadh from the scrutiny of Washington and the American public.
Gen. Jones heads Jones Group International,
» Lees verder
Among other things, President Barack Obama • Sent 3,500 U.S. troops and tanks to Russia’s doorstep in one of his final decisions as president.
• Ordered ten times more drone strikes than Bush.
• Dropped 26,171 bombs in 2016 alone (an average of 72 bombs every day).
• Put boots on the ground in Syria , despite 16 times saying “no boots on the ground”.
• Despite campaign pledges, planned a $1 trillion progam to add more nuclear weapons to the US arsenal in the next 30 years.
• Dropped bombs in 7 Muslim countries; and then bragged about it .
• Said, “I believe in American exceptionalism with every fiber of my being.”
• Bragged about his use of drones – I’m “really good at killing people”.
• Deported a modern-record 2 million immigrants.
• Signed the Monsanto Protection Act into law.
• Started a new war in Iraq.
• Initiated, and personally oversees a ‘Secret Kill List’.
• Pushed for war on Syria while siding with al-Qaeda.
• Backed neo-Nazis in Ukraine.
• Supported Israel’s wars and occupation of Palestine.
• Deployed Special Ops to 134 countries – compared to 60 under Bush.
• Did a TV commercial promoting “clean coal”.
• Drastically escalated the NSA spying program.
• Signed the NDAA into law – making it legal to assassinate Americans w/o charge or trial.
• Gave Bush absolute immunity for everything.
• Pushed for a TPP Trade Pact.
• Started a new war on terror – this one on ISIS.
• Signed more executive memoranda than any other president in history.
• Transferred more than $100 billion in arms sales to Saudi Arabia, more than any other administration in history.
• Signed an agreement for 7 military bases in Colombia.
• Opened a military base in Chile.
•Touted nuclear power, even after the disaster in Japan.
• Opened up deepwater oil drilling, even after the BP disaster.
• Mandated the Insider Threat Program which orders federal employees to report suspicious actions of their colleagues.
• Defended body scans and pat-downs at airports.
• Signed the Patriot Act extension into law.
• Launched 20,000 Airstrikes in his first term. » Lees verder